Molly E. Holzschlag has spent a career contributing to various aspects of the Open Web, whether at a W3C Working Group Meeting, on the stage, running an Open Web Conference, teaching seminars or leading the Web Standards Project through the most difficult time of the day.
Her work with the Project resulted in two F2F meetings with Bill Gates for resolution of IE6 compliance issues. She has written 35 books including “The Zen of CSS Design” with CSS Zen Garden creator Dave Shea and hundreds of articles, interviews as well as audio and video learning materials.
Molly is the recipient of many awards, including a Fluent Web Platform Award, .NET Award for Outstanding Contributions, and has received the honor of a U.S.Congressional Special Recognition for technology contributions to state and nation.
Greybeard O’Reilly folk will remember her as Executive Editor of Web Review when it moved from Songline studios to CMP.
Engaging, funny and relentless, Molly’s grass-roots defense of Open Web is legendary and remains a passionate place in the unfolding of our industry.
- Professional Web Design: Theory and Technique on the Cutting Edge, 1996
- Laura Lemay's Guide to Sizzling Web Site Design, 1997, with Laura Lemay
- Laura Lemay's Web Workshop: Designing With Stylesheets, Tables, and Frames, 1997, with Laura Lemay
- Web by Design: The Complete Guide, 1998
- The Complete Website Kit: Turn Your Website into a Dynamic, Long-Lasting, and Effective Tool, 1998
- Mastering Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Premium Edition, 1999
- Short Order HTML 4, 1999
- Mastering Adobe GoLive 4, 1999, with Stephen Romaniello
- Special Edition Using HTML 4, 1999
- Sams Teach Yourself Adobe(R) LiveMotion(R) in 24 Hours, 2000
- Special Edition Using XHTML, 2000
- Mastering Frontpage 2002 Premium Edition, 2001, with Peter Weverka
- XML, HTML, XHTML Magic, 2001
- Perl Web Site Workshop, 2001, with Jason Pellerin
- Special Edition Using HTML and XHTML, 2002
- Sams Teach Yourself Adobe LiveMotion 2 in 24 Hours, 2002
- Integrated Web Design: Building the New Breed of Designer & Developer, 2002
- Design Your Own Home Page, 2002
- Special Edition Using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX, 2002
- Cascading Style Sheets: The Designer's Edge, 2003
- Color for Websites: Digital Media Design, 2003
- Design Your Own E-Shop: Creating & Promoting Successful Small Business Sites, 2004
- Sams Teach Yourself Movable Type in 24 Hours, 2004, with Poter Glendinning
- 250 HTML and Web Design Secrets, 2004
- The Zen of CSS Design: Visual Enlightenment for the Web, 2005, with Dave Shea